In the mid-1980s rumors crept through the land of a real life unicorn frolicking about California. His name was Lancelot. While skeptics claimed Lance was really a goat with a bull's horn inhumanely affixed to its head, Ringling Bros. jumped on board and featured the "unicorn" as its main attraction in 1984. People were outraged at how fake the unicorn appeared to be, then again, were people seriously expecting a real unicorn? If I somehow have confused one 5-year-old angora caprine (goatlike) unicorn for another, my apologies. Lancelot was the creation of one Otter Zell, a California naturalist who, he says, uncovered the ancient secret of unicorn-making some years ago. He has yet to reveal this secret formula, but his thesis is that unicorns are not born, but made, developed by the ancients to be herd leaders and protectors. This ancient process apparently involves horn manipulation (one theory is that the young animal`s horn buds are removed, combined and surgically reattached in the center of the animal`s forehead), so that the animal develops a single, central horn--not an implant, but the animal`s own living tissue. Critics called it mutilation; Zell regarded it as advancement of the species.
Labels: Behavior» Chicken Soup» Curb Your enthusiasm» First Amendment» Larry David» Palestinians
......A friend of the JIDF said how hypocritical and interesting that the gang had such a problem with Funkhouser trying to recite the blessings over the wine and bread, but how they were all on the the "Jewish" side when protesting a "palestinian" chicken joint opening across the street from a Jewish deli. If you have not seen the episode you can see it here. You can see the points I am responding to here. In regards to the "palestinian" chicken place probably not being Kosher: the point Curb was exploring was the man "Funk" was merely having a mid life crises. This is why they could not care less about ritual. (I DON'T BLAME THEM. I hate when liberals become control freaks and use religious rituals).
What JIDF liked about the latest Curb:
- explored how/why our enemies cling to Jews who aren't nice to other Jews.
- was biased in favor of Jews- rightly portrayed "palestinians" as antisemites wanting to destroy Jews/Israel
- It explored the idea of Jews who sit on the fence on the conflict
- Larry Miller was in tonight's Curb, and he's strongly pro-Israel in real life
- After watching tonight's Curb, I realize that i can be called upon to be a "social assassin" - i'm like Larry in that i don't hold back.
Quotes JIDF liked:
- "...What is this, the raid on Entebbe? Let's just walk in there casually."- Larry to Funkhouser, who's wearing a kippah, trying to enter "palestinian" Chicken place.
- "...if Rabin can break bread with Arafat, i can have chicken at this antisemitic s***hole" -Funkhouser
- "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone." -Larry
- The "No Terrorist Chicken" sign at the protest
(1) as far as I can see... A Palestinian is anything,,, and I have indeed met many hot women who associated themselves ethnically as one. The fact that there has never been anyone called Palestinian means that a lot of stupid young pretty women find identity through a lie. I think the rabbi was thought about and was done purposely. They can't spell it out to the audience that Hollywood assumes itself as Conservative, Reform or Re constructionist. (not true at all by the way, but it would take too much time and kill the plot to explain that. I suppose they could of done a gag, but then they would of offended themselves. Keep in mind that Jerry Seinfeld is a deep leftist and It is safe to assume that his pal is too.) The problem I had was they compared a Mosque to a Chicken. I question Larry David's understanding of the first Amendment. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." ...which means you might have a right to believe what you want, but not practice it. To compare serving Chicken to a non peaceful assemblage is faulty logic.
I think the show was disengenuous by presenting both sides of the conflict as flawed... even though in the context of the actual narrative it was indeed the case. The danger is that the audience might come away thinking the Jewish side and the Palestinian side are indeed always flawed, but that would be the general theme of Larry David... which you have to believe when you watch Larry David that they are only talking about within the world of Larry David and are not setting up any general critiques of greater Jewish culture.
Pam Geller’s new poster vandalized by leftist, so sanctimonious she can’t even see why she was arrestedMona Eltahawy is a darling of the feminist progressive left. She was recently attacked in Egypt's Tahrir square. ...another left win...
well, good! This will allow the public to talk about Islam. The more free conversation on the issue the better. they can't frame the con...
it did work for Obama though. Remember Obama Girl? image from the South Florida Chronicle It_is_not_clear_where_or_how the g...
Answer: At the very least one feminist Secretary of State ( BENGHAZI EMAILS ) This afternoon the White House released 100 pages o...
Liberal multiculturalists insist that Islam is the same as other major world religions. As usual, they are full of shit.. The l...
the night before the Boston bombing (that we now know Obama was warned by the Russians about)... we saw a CNN video about the Oklahoma City ...
Israel Matzav: It's official: Government inquiry finds al-Dura 'killing' was a hoax
Lori Lowenthal Marcus, the founder of Z Street who filed a lawsuit against the IRS, notes that “the very first hearing in Z STREET...
A local Egyptian delivery company has been smuggling KFC meals through the underground tunnels across the Egypt-Gaza border, the Christi...
MFS - The Other News: Report: Top Obama lawyer told of IRS targeting in April. SMOKING GUN: OBAMA MET WITH IRS UNION CHIEF THE DAY BEFORE ...